Translate

Saturday 24 September 2011

Carrefour du Patchwork - my exhibition there

...was Exciting, Exhausting and Exhilarating!

The last three weeks have been madly hectic and left no time for blogging.  I was finishing the work for my exhibition at the Carrefour du Patchwork in Ste Marie aux Mines, France, then had to pack it in boxes and get it shipped there.  I travelled to France to hang the exhibition and spent four days enjoying the thousands of visitors calling a the Church of St Louis and being amazingly complimentary about my work.

I am now back, so are my quilts, and I am preparing for the exhibition at the Bishop's Palace, Wells, from 3 to 31st October, which is a slightly smaller version of the one in France.  Below is a photo of a section of the exhibition as it hanged in Ste Marie, on the day before the exhibition opened.

I hope it will whet your appetite and draw you to come to Wells to see the quilts 'in the flesh'.

Thanks for listening!

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment