Translate

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Designer Crafts exhibition, London


I have some work in this exhibition, held annually by the Society of Designer Craftsmen.  I spent the weekend in London, attended the private view on the Friday, which was very busy, and spent Sunday there, helping to steward.  I met a lot of visitors and friends.

Here are some images of my map quilts in situ at the gallery - the Mall Galleries, The Mall, London SW1, just off Trafalgar Square.  The exhibition is open until Sunday 19th January, 10 - 5 every day, except for the last Sunday when it closes at 4 pm.

This is a view when you enter the gallery - The Night Road is in the foreground, with some ceramics;  some glass pieces are visible on the background to the right.




Mayfair 1671 is hanging next to some beautiful wood pieces.



And my third piece is Seaside Town, in front of which stand a number of pieces of book art - I really loved them!  Very original.


If you are in London this week, do pop round to see it.  There is a very nice cafe in the gallery as well.

Alicia

5 comments:

  1. Your work looks great here and I find the way the artwork as a whole is displayed is really effective. Wish I could see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work looks stunning in the gallery setting, particularly The Night Road. Wish I could have been able to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your participation in this show. It looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great exhibition! lots of new stuffs!!!
    artisoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You Admin for sharing such a nice information, i am glad to sharing If you are organize an exhibition in dubai then you need to contact exhibition stand companies in dubai to design your event

    ReplyDelete