Translate

Saturday 2 February 2013

New local ventures

This year I am keeping my sights much more local.  I will be working on the Earth Stories SAQA project, my theme for which is "Protection of Endangered Species in the Avalon Marshes Nature Reserves". Within the area of the nature reserves on the Somerset Levels there is a craft gallery, run cooperatively by the members, who donate a proportion of their sales income to Natural England, the body who looks after some of the reserves in the area.  I have now become a member of the group and my quilts are hanging in the gallery.  Have a look at their beautiful website:  Somerset Crafts

Another local project I am getting involved with is the Red Brick Building in Glastonbury.  This building has been saved from demolition by a group of dedicated local volunteers, and after several years of hard work the building will open in March, with a full and wonderful programme of events, courses, exhibitions etc.  Do come and visit if you are in the area.  See full details in the website:  Red Brick Building .  I will be running a two day workshop there, on Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 April.  See details in my website:  www.aliciamerrett.co.uk - Forthcoming Courses page.

Photos coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your work at the Somerset Craft Centre along with the other wonderful artists. South Somerset has so many talented crafts people and working together in co-operatives for the good of the area is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete